Important notes about the Wait List
Almost all general education/transfer courses at RVC have the option to wait list. If you attempt to sign up for a class through Online Services and find that the section is full, you may be given an option to join the wait list for that course.
- You may not add yourself to the wait list for multiple sections of a specific course.
- The course always appears full in Online Services even if there is a seat that has opened up. So do not be concerned if you receive an email telling you a seat is open and it appears full when you go in to register.
- You can view the number of students on the wait list by using the search portion of Online Services.
- The wait list option is NOT offered through walk-in registration.
Wait List Process
View a flow chart of the wait listing process described below
- During the normal online services registration process, wait listing is offered to you when you attempt to register for a class and find that it is full.
For example: If the Bio 185 NBD2 is full, an alert will pop up in red that states: “Course Filled - Either add to wait list or look for an available section.”
- If you want to be added to the wait list you will need to use the drop down menu and choose the wait list option for the specific course.
- You will then receive an alert that states, “The following REQ (request) has been processed." This is only to inform you that you have been added to the wait list. It does not yet guarantee you a seat for the class.
- When a seat becomes available, if you are next in line on the wait list (the wait list rank can be viewed through the "Manage My Wait List" option in the Online Services menu), you will receive an e-mail via your RVCMail account informing you that a seat is available*. The responsibility then rests with you to register for the class (see below) within the time specified in your email or you will forfeit the opportunity to obtain the seat.
*All holds and pre-reqs will be checked prior to offering an open seat to a student on the wait list.
Final Steps (Register for the course)
After receiving an e-mail (in your RVCmail account) informing you that a seat is available you have until the time specified in your email in which to register.
In order to obtain the seat you must:
- Log-on to Online Services
- Choose "Manage My Wait List"
- Register for the class
- Make payment arrangements
Once you have registered for the course, an email will be sent to you in your RVCmail account confirming your registration.